This is a super healthy banana bread recipe that my mom-in-law shared with me. As mentioned, she is the Queen of making healthy desserts that taste amazing. This is no exception. Every time I make this, my banana bread doesn't even last a day. It smells awesome when it first comes out of the oven, and tastes great when served warm. I love peeling off and eating the crunchy top of the loaf when it is still hot.
This recipe yields 1 loaf.
Healthy Banana Bread
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup of sifted all purpose flour
- 1 cup of 9 grain flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C
2. Sift the all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Add in the whole grain flour and sugar.
3. Add in the oil, bananas, and eggs. Mix well.
4. Combine the milk and lemon juice, and stir until a uniform batter is formed. Stir in the walnuts.
5. Grease a loaf pan (9x5x3 inches). Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
6. Bake for 60 - 70 minutes. Note that the top of your loaf will brown before it is fully cooked. Remove banana bread from pan, let it cool on a cooling rack, and serve.