Yes, it has been a damn long time since I've posted, but that doesn't mean I've stopped thinking about you guys. This past year has been an absolute whirlwind for me, and when I'm ready, I'll tell you all about it. But for now, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year.
Here is an awesome recipe that I've been hanging on to that I'm excited to share with you!
This recipe makes 4-6 servings.
Apple Fennel Salad
(Adapted from Michael Smith, Chef at Home)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored (cut in quarters and thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp of brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored (cut in quarters and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1/4 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds, salted
- extra virgin olive oil
1. In a sauce pan over medium heat, heat the vinaigrette ingredients: apple cider vinegar, water, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, and two Granny Smith apples. Turn off heat once vinaigrette comes to a boil. Set aside until cool.
2. Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl: fennel bulb, Granny Smith apple, dried mint, roasted pumpkin seeds. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the salad. Pour the cooled vinaigrette over the salad. Mix well. Serve chilled.