I know it's been a while since I posted a recipe. The truth is, I've hardly been cooking. And if I do, it is quick, easy peasy stuff. Stuff not worth photographing and writing about. Until now that is...
Life is busy, and when I do have time for myself, I'd rather get out and enjoy the beautiful summer weather we've been getting. Gotta take advantage of it, summer doesn't last long here!
CK and I are lovin this recipe, and the best part is that this is a healthy option that perfectly satisfies that craving for a rich, creamy pasta. I swear it's better than pasta alfredo!
This recipe makes 3 servings.
Creamy Avocado Pasta(Adapted from Oh She Glows)
- 2 small or 1 large ripe Avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 300g of linguine pasta
- fresh ground pepper
- red pepper flakes
1. Cook the pasta, al dente, as per package instructions.
2. While the pasta is boiling, combine the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, basil, salt, and extra virgin olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. When the pasta is done, drain in a colander. In a large bowl, while the pasta is still hot, mix the pasta with the avocado sauce until evenly distributed. Garnish with black pepper and/or red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.