I love when recipes just randomly pop into your head! And I love it even more when you make up a recipe on the fly with someone else! One afternoon, my husband and I just stared at each other blankly wondering what to have for lunch. All I knew was that I wanted something that would make me feel healthy and fabulous. We started rhyming off what we felt like eating and before we knew it, this carrot salad was our new creation.
And, in case you are wondering. This salad will make you feel healthy and fabulous.
This recipe yields 4-6 servings.
Soy Ginger Carrot Tofu Salad
- 5-6 carrots, julienned or shaved in thin slices using a peeler
- 1 chayote, julienned or shaved in thin slices using a peeler
- 250g of firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 large handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1/4 tsp of grated ginger
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, mix well and set aside.
2. In a lightly oiled pan, stir fry the tofu with a little bit of the dressing (approximately 1 tsp) for 4-6 minutes on medium-high heat.
3. Mix all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Add dressing and mix well. Refrigerate and serve cold.