This is a healthy spin on regular egg salad, and is great to serve in a sandwich. What's great about this egg salad is that it is really filling, and it keeps you full for a long time. I find too much avocado is overpowering sometimes, but the lemon juice really lightens it up. I added paprika to this for a bit more flavor, but it makes the avocado mix a brownish greyish color. If you are put off by the color, just leave it out!
This recipe yields 4-6 servings.
Egg Avocado Salad
- 2 small ripe avocadoes
- 6 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1/4 tsp of paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, mix the avocado, cilantro and red onion with a fork. The fork will break the avocado as you mix.
2. Add paprika, eggs, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Continue to mix until even. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve cold with bread.