This mango pineapple smoothie was inspired by 2 things: the mango lassi drink and my recent interest in salsa dancing. You combine the two together and you get this!
I absolutely encourage you to use fresh mangoes. I find frozen ones lack flavor and have only a faint mango taste when you compare it to the fresh stuff.
As for the cinnamon, I recommend using Vietnamese cinnamon. It is regarded as the best cinnamon in the world and you will understand why once you taste it. It's high essential oil content is what gives it its awesome flavor.
Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- 2 fresh mangoes, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cups of pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 of small lime, juice
- 1 Tbsp flax oil
- 4-6 fresh mint leaves
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cardamom pod, seeds only, shell discarded (optional)
- choice of sweetener (optional)
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour shake into a cup and enjoy.