This recipe is posted for my darling sis who has been bugging me non-stop for my Green Tropical Smoothie recipe. When she came to visit recently, I made this for us every morning since this smoothie is now part of my daily morning routine. When I want less sugar, I will omit the mango and only use 1/2 a lime instead of a whole one.
I've listed coconut as optional because I sometimes buy a muesli with coconut in it. When that's the case, I don't bother adding extra coconut. Enjoy! This tastes really good and is good for you!
Green Tropical Smoothie
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 2 or more large handfuls of kale or spinach
- 1 ripe yellow mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt or almond milk
- 1/2 cup of muesli
- 1 small lime, juice
- 1-2 Tbsp flax oil
- 1/2 cup of water (optional)
- 1 Tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
- sweetener of choice (optional)
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour shake into a cup and enjoy.