Every once in a while, I get this desperate craving for brussel sprouts. I don't care what anyone says, if you make brussel sprouts properly, they are GOOD! They don't have to be boiled, mushy and tasteless. Brussel sprouts should be slightly crunchy, with a sauce that balances out the bitterness. A balsamic vinegar glaze is a great way to bring some pizazz to your brussel sprouts.
The prep time on this dish takes only a few minutes. Once you pop them in the oven, you are free to do whatever you want.
This recipe yields 4 small servings.
Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
- 4 cups of brussel sprouts, approximately 25
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp of palm sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C.
2. Prepare the brussel sprouts by washing and trimming the end of the brussel sprouts. Peel the first layer and discard.
3. In a large bowl, mix the brussel sprouts, mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and palm sugar and mix until the brussel sprouts are evenly coated. Spread the brussel sprouts on a baking sheet, pour the remainder of the sauce over top and bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.