When life gets hectic, I usually forget to eat my fruits and veggies regularly. This is a great shake to get all the essential nutrients and fats you need. The fresh fruit, sweet dates, and cacao nibs make this shake great tasting, and I don't even notice the broccoli in this drink! I have to warn you, it is pretty filling. One or two servings of this shake is usually enough for one complete meal.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
The Ultimate Green Shake
(Adapted from Sue Riedl)
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped with skin
- 1 ripe frozen banana, peeled
- 1 cup of frozen broccoli
- 3/4 cups of leafy greens (I use watercress, kale, or spinach)
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1 Tbsp of flax oil
- 2 Tbsp of cacao nibs
- 5 Brazil nuts
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour shake into a cup and enjoy.